Friday 9 March 2012

Knitting up the Loose Ends - and a Scary New Crochet Project


This is the week that I really am a Completer-Finisher: green jumper done, and now this scarf, which I've been knitting on and off for ages, is done, too.  The yarn is King Cole Comfort Aran; it's a 70% Acrylic, 30% wool mix. I bought it at Wibbling Wools because of the colour: the photo doesn't do it justice, but it's a gorgeous teal colour. Quite economical, too - the comically huge ball was only £11, and there's a third of it left. The pattern is from one of my favourite blogs: from the New York knitting shop, Purl Soho. This fantastic blog has numerous free patterns with excellent instructions and their photos are so stylish:


Now, the next project is rather intimidating: to crochet a bridesmaid dress in a month.  I bought the new Debbie Bliss book, Simply Crochet, at Cafe Knit and on the cover is a beautiful slip dress.... which I've somewhat recklessly resolved to crochet as my bridesmaid's dress for one of my best friends' weddings on Easter Saturday. I keep telling people that "crochet is mostly holes", but now that I have to start the project, I'm not quite so sure....


No comments:

Post a Comment